Saturday, November 28, 2009

I deleted a myspace account a while ago, but when I do a search on myspace for my name it still come

I can't login to that account anymore so, how do I get that profile removed from the search list????



I deleted a myspace account a while ago, but when I do a search on myspace for my name it still comes up.?

This is what people just don't seem to understand. The internet is not like Vegas. What goes onto the net, stays on the net. There isn't anything secret on the internet. Stuff which was uploaded years ago still exists on the internet. If people don't want stuff to come back to bite them in the behind they need to not post it anywhere on the net.



You see, your page is a part of some strangers web server. The My Space people store your profile on their server, and they own it, not you. Anytime information leaves your computer, and goes to somebody elses, you give up all rights to that data. It doesn't matter what type of data it is, once it leaves your system and you have not copy writed it, it belongs to the recipient. Period.



So, all of these Online backup services? Once the data is backed up onto servers outside of the individuals own private home/office network it belongs to the individual who owns the server it is stored on. The person who uploaded it to the server has a right to obtain copies of their data, not to tell the owner of the server they have to delete it. Unless there is a contract stating that when the user deletes a file it must also be deleted off the server it is stored on.



However, most individuals don't understand this, so they upload data all over the internet. If people would read the terms of use, they would realize the act of uploading is their consent that the data no longer belongs to them. It belongs to the owner of the server it resided upon.



Go into the Terms of Use at My Space and read the information there. You will find what I say is true. You could consider writing a request to have your profile deleted from the servers. It might work, it might not, but it is worth the attempt. You would at least have a copy of your request to show any prospective employer who viewed your profile and didn't like what was in it. You could say you didn't know, were young and then show your attempt to get it deleted.



My Space does occasionally perform some server HDD cleanups. How often they do this to make room for more profiles I am unsure. Again, read the terms of use and see what it states on when or if unused and closed profiles are deleted.



I deleted a myspace account a while ago, but when I do a search on myspace for my name it still comes up.?

I've had that same problem but as long as you give friends your current URL you should be fine.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
web hosting talk